I finished my second Boy Hat (you know, the one I thought might have to be a girl hat), and I am pretty sure this will work. It is just under 8 inches long (thus, a bit long on me), and the boy in question does not have big hair like I do. The hat is blocking flat right now, rather than in a stretched condition, because I don’t want the ribbing to stretch out too much. I did give it a few friendly tugs for length. Blocking is still a complete (and magical) mystery to me. Fingers crossed!
As you can see here, I did run out of wool. My photography skills leave something to be desired here; the color I used for the very top is actually a slightly lighter shade of green — something akin to a celery heather, if you will. I am satisfied with how this turned out, though after I bound off, I realized that the bulk of the hat is superwash, and that teensy circle up top is not. No matter: the boy who will be wearing this will likely never wash it…
I know there’s been a lot of dog here lately, but I can’t help it. He’s so damn cute. Exhibit A:
On an unrelated point, I’m feeling pretty good about myself today because I cleaned out (read: scrubbed drawers and shelves) my fridge AND removed leftover soups and black beans frozen at least 12 months ago from my freezer. February cleaning has begun.
Very cool…I LOVE the color. And I think the lighter patch at the top adds a little extra something…no one would ever guess you had run out of yarn.
I was just thinking I love the little colour change at the top! Too cute.